1/2/2015 11:47:25 AM

Oops, Time Does Fly


iMedia logo

Feliz Ano Nuevo!!

 

I just opened my blog today and realized how ironic it is that my last update was LAST YEAR almost to the day. If I wanted to be really ironic, I guess I could title this blog "New Changes For 2015", but that just seems cheap and would only encourage me to update annually. 

 

So why am I just now getting around to an update? I'm going to Costa Rica with a group from my iMedia class to work with a couple of clients on their internet presence. We are leaving Monday, January 5 and coming back on Tuesday, January 13. Our advisor, Dr. Amanda Sturgill, requires us to keep a daily blog for the trip, so I'm going to use the Soup to Nuts blog for that. Maybe that will start a good habit, since my blog posts are a bit, uh, erratic.

 

Here's the FB page for one client:

https://es-es.facebook.com/mvmoringa

 

And the name of the other group is Centro Diba. They have an almost nonexistent web presence. Centro Diba is a day center for disabled individuals.

 

I will post pictures, too! 

 

Pura vita!


Read More

7/14/2010 3:36:28 PM

How I Teach

Just because I can create art doesn’t mean I can teach you how. Isn’t that true? Well, after ten years of refining my craft and teaching (plus the 10 previous years I worked in the corporate world giving presentations and leading projects) I think I can. Some of my keys to satisfied students are:

  • give a straight-forward overview of the project at hand first without embellishment
  • provide handouts with step by step explanations so that participants do not spend time taking notes
  • have ready-made examples of each step (it is very hard to visualize something you’ve never seen)
  • keep to one technique at a time
  • allow for questions after key demonstrations
  • ALWAYS encourage participants to ask any questions and ALWAYS remind them that each technique is not a talent, it is a skill that they must practice in order to achieve perfection
These are a few of my “tried and true” practices.

Read More